Wednesday, December 10, 2008

You gotta love 1st graders

So every day I get at least one Christmas/Santa question from my class. "Miss Keysor, is Santa real?" "Miss Keysor, how does Santa get in if there is no chimney." "Miss Keysor, where should we put the reindeer food? Will they know where it is?" (after making sparkly food for them in class) "Miss Keysor, when will it be Christmas?" The list goes on and on....

Well, today I had one of my darlings decide to give me some information, rather than ask me for some. While walking to class, Kayla said, "Miss Keysor, I know a real boy who thought he was an American....but, really he was just an elf." Hmmm...not really sure how to respond to that one.

So NOT an:









But DEFINITELY an:

3 comments:

Erica said...

OK, that is hilarious! I am very curious as to where her mind was with that comment. Kids, gotta love em!!

Bump and Erin said...

That is a riot!! Don't you just love that age??

Kim said...

i love it when you post things your little first graders say. ALthough I love being home with Sarah, there are days when I really miss the wit and charm of first graders!

thanks for sharing!