Monday, August 4, 2008

Caribbean Princess 2008

So I am sure that many of you are wondering if I survived the big hurricane, and since I haven't posted in a while you probably figured that we got lost in Bermuda. However, we returned and I had another amazing trip.

Here are a few highlights :

-Crazy taxi driver in New York
-Melissa's amazing secret code skills on the room safe
-3 days at sea right off (thanks to Bertha, a lot of rough water, and rain as we attempted to get to Bermuda)
-New Yorkers, New Yorkers on the ship! Love/hate those accents! Famous quotes: "Hey ladies" and "They took our chairs!"
-Melissa's 30 minute rotations during laying out on deck 18. Set your watch so you know when to flip.
-Plates of fries and Movies Under the Stars
-Old San Juan, Puerto Rico
-Night kayaking through the mangrove canals to the bioluminescent lagoon "Why do we have two oars!"
-Emerald Beach, St. Thomas. The water is so beautiful!
-Grand Turk: Catamaran and snorkeling: everyone on board gets a little friendlier when the rum punch comes out!
-2 more days at sea: hanging out again on our deck 18 and Melissa just keeps rotating
-Bruce: my 52 year old flirt "I don't mean to sound presumptuous, but I have a suite all to myself and you are more than welcome to come use my shower."
-Our headwaiter Franco, who always had our table by the window saved for us
-All of Jessica's New Yorker impressions, her suction cup arms, and of course her bucket of beer "I think there was a language barrier between me and the waitress"
-Becoming Wavelength groupies
-Jennie's rendition of Axl Rose and "Sweet Child 'O Mine", accompanied by Wavelength

Just a few highlights....of course there are many more.... but now some pictures.

New York:

Old San Juan, Puerto Rico:

Melissa, me, and Jennie


Emerald Beach, St. Thomas:

Yup, you guessed it...Grand Turk!
Caribbean Princess:
Formal night with Melissa and Jennie:
Headwaiter Franco....Mmmmm...he smells good! (Jessica and Jennie) Ahhhh.....Bruce:
Lotus Pool:Putt Putt Championship
Caribbean Sunset

3 comments:

kim said...

well hello island princess!
loved all the quotables and memories, even not being there, i can picture it. sounds and looks like it was such an amazing trip!

Miriam Oh Painter said...

wow. i thought melissa did look a little more in balance when she got back from that trip...fun times!

Stacy said...

yeah...she didn't move all day while we were laying out....just listened to her ipod and flipped every 30 minutes. It was good times, good times!