Monday, April 12, 2010

On this day, last week: Monday

Our first stop: Grand Cayman

Melissa and I decided to experience Grand Cayman with an excursion to Stingray City and then to swim with dolphins (everyone wants to swim with dolphins at least once in their life, right?)Stingray City was amazing and crazy: a flat sandbar in the middle of the ocean with stingrays swimming around everywhere, people screaming all around us as gigantic stingrays swam around us, Melissa calling out my name from the boat and reaching to hold my hand the whole time, practically getting my thumb sucked off while I fed one, and getting a "massage" from one stingray in the front and one on the back (our tour guides held them up. ) Definitely a must in Grand Cayman!!

This stingray was determined that I had food to give her.
Love Melissa's face in this one. This pretty much sums up how she felt the whole time.

Next adventure: Dolphin Cove where I got to swim, dance, sing, ride and kiss a dolphin.
Again, not the best copy...but they won't let you take a camera. Apparently, they don't want anything in the water that could scratch or hurt a dolphin...or is it the fact that they want to sell you one of their $20 photos that they took of you!

2 comments:

A Little Sass said...

I LOVE Melissa's facial expressions. Priceless!

Bump and Erin said...

What a great experience!