Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A new year

So I have seriously been slacking in the blogging department. I left on my trip, had a fabulous time (which I STILL need to write and post pictures about), came home and played as much as possible, summer officially ended for me, Summer Stacy started to fade, and I went back to another year of teaching 1st grade.

We've been in school 2 weeks and already I have some priceless gems. I think my all time favorite happened the third day of school. We had come back from lunch and I was singing and dancing with the kids around the classroom (Got to do anything to keep them focused and awake! 1st grade is a long day!) Anyway, I had the kids sit down and I started my math lesson. About a minute later, I had a little girl throw up (another perk of my job). I moved all the kids to the other side of the room, sent her to the office and waited while for the custodian to get there to clean it up.

After school, I went to the office and found out that when she got picked up from school her mom asked her what made her throw up. Her response? "Miss Keysor took her shoes off and her feet smelled and it made me throw up." What??!! I laughed so hard! (And of course had to check to see if my feet really did smell--they don't!) Needless to say, you can imagine what all the jokes are about at school. Monday morning I had some foot powder in my box.

Here's to the beginning of another entertaining year!

3 comments:

Bump and Erin said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!! Gotta love 'em!

Tera said...

That's my daughter Joey's age, and I can totally see her saying something like that. Classic!

Murphfam said...

That is hilarious! I'm laughing my butt off!